Monday, June 16, 2008

HELL ON EARTH.

That's what my life is like right now.

First, let me just say my grandmother is not here to "help" like my mom was. She is here to see the baby, and keeps making that abundantly clear. This is problematic because I actually have to do MORE work to accommodate her. When we go out she can't buckle herself into the car so I have to do that. She can't reach things in the kitchen, she is terribly slow and slows me down when we need to go out. I love her and I hate to complain, but I was already busy before she got here, and now its like having two babies to look after.

Making this all the more worse is the fact that the gnome has had INSANE gas the past few days. She is alternately farting and screaming all day and night. It's putting me on edge, and my grandmother's helpful little comments about what's "wrong" with the baby are only serving to irritate me even more. I had this feeling she was going to be kind of mean this visit and she did not disappoint. Its almost as if she takes every opportunity she can to criticize me and my parenting. I can't take it anymore. I'm so depressed I just want to run away from my own house. I feel awful about the gnome's gas though, and i have no idea what to do about it. I have my own dr's appointment tomorrow, and i've been so busy all day today- I've had no time to call the pediatrician. Not that they were all that helpful last time she had gas.

She was really constipated this weekend and didn't poop from about 3 am Saturday to this morning, and when she did it was a TON of this foamy liquidy stuff- nothing solid. The mylicon isn't working, and she hasn't pooped again since this morning. I just don't know what's causing this. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It would be hard enough if I was alone, but now I have my grandmother judging me from over my shoulder. Today we were trying to take her picture and i was tickling her chin and she was crying (from the gas) and my grandmother says to me "Now you're just annoying her". Wtf? How does she know that??? Why would she say that? Why would she assume that's why the baby was crying? I don't think I can take another week of this. I can't get away from it. Everything i do is met with criticism, complaints... Guh.

It's just plain hell here. I don't even know what to do anymore.

4 comments:

Monkeymama said...

I'm sorry things aren't going well with your company. It's so frustrating to have your parenting 2nd guessed and insulted in front of you. Especially when you are still figuring it all out.

Babies are really good at picking up on their Mama's mood, so part of the fussiness might be due to the situation.

Do you read any parenting message boards? They are great places to get advice on things like gas... I'd recommend the one I read, but it is Catholic/Natural Family Planning based, so I'm not sure if you'd rather find a secular one.

X said...

I don't mind if its religious. I'm not, but I think everyone is entitled to their own beliefs either way. And if they can help, I'm all for it!

Monkeymama said...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/nfptalk/start

I've learned a lot of random parenting stuff there, unrelated to NFP...

Monkeymama said...

It is a board that supports the Catholic Church's teachings, but they are very welcoming to people who aren't Catholic. A good number of "regulars" aren't.