Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sporadic update

I know I'm behind and missing posts... Will update as soon as someone will take the gnome-child from my hands. This has proven to be a surprisingly difficult task. Sure, she's cute, and there are no shortage of volunteers, but she gets so cranky if i transfer her to someone else... It's insane.

She is 12 days old today. It seems like a lifetime ago already. Maybe its the sleep deprivation. You know they warned me about that, but like everything else, I said "how bad could it be?"

How bad indeed. The gnome is not tired. I am typing one handed. This week was interesting. I learned a whole new range of emotions I didn't know existed. The kind that surface when people take your baby from your arms or say stuff like "other people might want to hold the baby" to you. You know, I really don't care what "other people might want." I might want other people to drain their savings accounts to buy me shoes just for the heck of it, but I don't see that happening, either. It's good to want.

I'm thinking maybe this blog has to stay anonymous, too. Oh well...

So the other feeling I've been having is probably "baby blues" related, but I wouldn't call it "postpartum depression". I just sometimes cry easier than normal, and I get a little bit scared at the idea of what happens after my mom goes home. What do I do? What do we really know about raising a baby? The best thing I can tell myself is to take it one day at a time. So far that's helping, but I have my moments where I'm like "what have I done?" The Gnome's pediatrician says this is totally normal. Let's hope.

Today was my 1st mothers day. My husband and the gnome got me a diamond pendant. Love them!

No comments: