Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mommy is definitely still bollocks.

So the gnome had her 1 month checkup. She's doing okay, though the doctor said she looks skinny and she should look fatter. Great. Here I thought I was doing well with feedings, and turns out I'm what? Malnourishing her? She doesn't look particularly skinny too me. Who'd have thunk MY kid would be on the slender side? Weird.

The nursing has been hurting a lot the past day or so. I realize its only been 6 days, but I'm done. That is, if I can get my milk supply back up enough to pump. I don't think she's getting enough from nursing, and apparently I need to up her to at least three ounces if I pump, so either way she needs to eat more. Whether or not i can provide more either way is beyond me. I'm really worried I've fucked things up permanently. I don't want to have to supplement with formula- I'd hate to have to do that. I wonder if you can increase your milk supply after six days. I guess only time will tell. Even despite the pain of nursing I'd be willing to stick it out if i thought it would do any good, but honestly, I'm more concerned my child isn't getting enough food than I am about sore nipples. And trust me, they are SORE.

Otherwise the gnome is doing okay. She did get her second dose of the hep-b vaccine and did she ever scream, but she stopped shortly afterwards and once I held her in my arms she was fine. Poor little thing. Such a terrible thing to get on your one-month birthday. Next month will be worse, as she needs FOUR vaccines at once. I'm dreading it.

No comments: