Friday, August 8, 2008

New Stuff

As predicted, my entries are getting fewer by the day. I have the day off today, though, so I figured I'd try to get caught up while I wait for my in laws to return from the store (yup, they're here). So a few things have been happening this week. First, my cyst returned. I had it when I was pregnant and a year or so before that. This time its FAR worse, but last night in my sleep it burst and I woke up soaked in blood- and i do mean SOAKED. So it feels a lot better, but the bleeding continues. It's horrible. It's never burst before- just sort of decreased and disappeared, so this has been quite an interesting day. I just want it to die already. Ugh. I am taking antibiotics already for it, so hopefully it will finish draining and just heal and let me have my life back. I had to stop working early yesterday because the pain was so horrible, and I felt even worse letting down my team. This thing is quite the menace.

Last night the in-laws arrived. They were happy to see the gnome, and they held her as soon as they arrived, but she was hysterical until her mommy took her back. It was so sweet. I felt good. It didn't last long, though, because later that night, we went to dinner (I got to sit on a fun hemorrhoid donut *in public* for the cyst) and as the meal was coming to a close the gnome woke up and started SCREAMING like never before. Well, she did scream like that when she got her shots. So long story short, my husband and I had to run out of the restaurant with her and i had to nurse her in the back seat of the car. Thank god for nursing covers! At that point, though, I didn't give a rats behind who saw me, I was just so desperate to get her to stop screaming. When I thought she finished, she looked at the leaves above the car moving in the breeze. She does the same thing at home. I think she'll be a botanist or something.. Anyways, no sooner did I get her back into the car seat so we could go home (she hates it) she starts SCREAMING again, this time all the way home. All ten minutes of the ride was screams and tears. I felt horrible, and i got her out of the seat the second the car stopped in the carport, and just carried her into the house and fed her some more. Then she was fine, and she slept, well, like a baby.

She is doing better today- lots of smiles for the grandparents and parents, but I'm wary of taking her anywhere in that carseat. The weird thing was, when she "started" last night it was just barely time to feed her. By the time we got home and fed her from the other side, she was all of 12 minutes late eating, but she'd already eaten. I think at night she just gets cranky, so if things don't go "just so" there's no appeasing her until circumstances are ideal.

She also has a bit of a rash in her neck fold, which is probably from spitup I've missed. Who knew babies had so many folds, and it was so hard to clean them? She also gets lint in her fingers, toes and leg rolls! I never knew! She also has a minor diaper rash, too, but I doubt she even notices either rash. Between my cyst and her rashes, we're quite a pair.

No comments: