Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ello!

I'm just checking in to say hi! Things are going pretty well here. The gnome has started reaching and grabbing, which is great, except for when she tugs on my hair. She is still very cheery and agreeable, which i guess is the calm before the teething storm.

She has been very into her busy beads lately, and jams everything you give her into her mouth- including fingers. Yesterday we went to lunch with my friends from work and while riding in the back seat with her one of my friends, Katie, said that the gnome was trying to sneak Katie's hands into her mouth! She does it to me, too. It's funny- she's very sly about it. She'll slowly and calculatedly bring your fingers up to her mouth and then before you know it -bam! I'll be riding in the back seat with her and let her hold my hand and all of a sudden my finger will feel all wet and gooey and I'll realize she has jammed it into her mouth! Silly gnome!!!

What else, what else. Oh! So I did give a preemptive call to my mom about Sarah Palin. My mom doesn't always follow politics, and I didn't want her to see a woman and think "Oh look, a woman! I'll vote for her!" I know John McCain is counting on just that sort of woman, so if you know one, for fleck's sake clue her in! My mom would have voted for Hillary, so i had to be sure, but sure enough, trusty old mom said a guy at her office told her "women will vote for Palin because she's a woman, not because of her politics" and my mom told him he was an idiot. Go mom!

Speaking of Palin, if I were a republican woman, I'd be as offended as f**k. I mean jeez. At least pick someone with SOME experience who doesn't suck. To incinuate that women are that shallow... Ugh.

Well, some are, but those are the ones that are usually too self involved to vote anyways. Who needs 'em!

Oh, the other night we went to this record/bookstore down the street and I bought this book. An instant classic, and yes I will read it to the gnome! She needs to know!

No comments: